Using anabolic steroids can result in a range of nasty and serious health side effects. Learn more below.
– Baldness and hair loss
– Severe acne
– Liver damage
– Kidney problems
– Heart failure
– High blood pressure
– High cholesterol and blood clots
– Fluid retention
The effects can also include:
– Growing of breasts (man boobs)
– Inability to get an erection (erectile dysfunction)
– Shrunken testicles
– Reduced sperm count and infertility
– Stomach pain
Anabolic steroids can also cause:
– Hair growth on the face and body
– A deepened voice
– Shrinking breasts
– Problems with periods
USING ANABOLIC STEROIDS CAN RESULT IN A RANGE OF NASTY AND SERIOUS HEALTH SIDE EFFECTS. LEARN MORE BELOW.
The misuse of anabolic steroids can also cause the following:
– Aggressive and potentially violent behaviour (roid rage)
– Mood swings and depression
– Extreme irritability and manic behaviour
– Hallucinations and delusions
– Problems sleeping
If you are still growing and your body has not yet fully developed, using steroids can have very serious consequences including:
– Stunted growth and height
– Premature ageing of the bones
Injecting anabolic steroids into your body is potentially very dangerous.
– A lack of knowledge around how to inject could lead to damaged veins and muscles as well as an infection or abscess. These effects can also be caused by use of a dirty needle.
– There are particular risks around sharing needles. These are the same risks associated with recreational drug use which can lead to serious infections such as HIV or Hepatitis C.